Few hunting rifles in history have achieved the status of the Browning BAR. And no other autoloaders have even come close. The line covers a wide range of tastes from the original styling of the BAR Safari, to the working rifle look of the Stalker version to the feature packed Short and Long Trac versions with modern aesthetics and handling features.
The Browning BAR has a long standing tradition for achieving bolt action like accuracy in an autoloading rifle. Some of this is accounted for in the extreme level of precision and careful craftsmanship that goes into every rifle. But the design really sets it apart. The gas system combined with a 7-lug rotary bolt give the shooting significant recoil reduction for comfort, while at the same time locking in bolt action-like accuracy.
- Receiver: Aircraft-grade alloy; Realtree Max-1 finish; Drilled and tapped for scope mount
- Barrel: 20” Heavy contour; Realtree Max-1 finish; Recessed target Crown
- Action: Gas-operated autoloader; Multi-lug rotary bolt; Crossbolt safety; 10-round detachable box magazine
- Stock: Composite; Realtree Max-1 camo finish; Dura-Touch Armor Coating; Ergonomic fully adjustable; Textured pistol grip and fore-end grip
- Three interchangeable cheek pieces and recoil pads for different fit options
- Ambidextrous magazine release
- MIL-STD 1913 bottom rail with integrated swivel stud for bipod and/or sling
- Two-piece scope bases included
- Black plastic case
- Adjustable Comb
- Action Type: Short Action
- Caliber: 308 Winchester
- Magazine Capacity: 10
- Barrel Length: 20"
- Length of Pull: 13 7/8"
- Metal Finish: Realtree Max-1
- Wood Finish: Duratouch Armor Coating, Realtree Max-1
- Stock / Grip Ergonomic fully adjustable; Textured pistol grip and fore-end grip; Accessory rails
- Overall Length: 41 1/2"
- Weight: 9 lbs. 5 oz.