The LWRC Six8 rifles are based on the short stroke gas piston operation providing you with the ultimate in reliability with the ergonomics of the AR platform. The 6.8mm SPC cartridge was originally developed for the US Special Operations soldiers to address the deficiencies with the 5.56 NATO cartridge. The goal was to create a cartridge that would fit the standard pattern AR-15 but provide better ballistics across all effective ranges. The lack of reliable magazines for the 6.8mm SPC has hindered the popularity of this cartridge until now. LWRC teamed up with Magpul to create a new polymer magazine specific to this platform. LWRC started by enlarging the magazine well to fit the Magpul polymer magazine and this partnership has spawned what is being heralded as a game changer.
- 6.8mm SPC
- 14.7" (pinned and welded to be 16" overall length complaint) hammer forged barrel
- 1:10" Twist rate right hand
- Short stroke gas piston system
- Magpul MOE grip
- LWRC modular rail
- LWRC high efficiency flash hider
- LWRC compact stock
- LWRC skirmish sights
- 30 round 6.8 proprietary Magpul magazine
- Overall weight 7.25 lbs
- Overall length 32.25" to 35"
- Flat Dark Earth