Cold Steel Roach Belly Md: 20RBCZ
The historical Roach Belly knife was a short blade with a pronounced upswept curve and a sharp point. It was most likely named after the common Roach Fish, which had a similarly round curving belly. It was known in 17th century Britain and the American Colonies.
Cold Steel’s interpretation of this knife is a nod to the Black Powder Community, which has continued to appreciate the Roach Belly’s economy, versatility and effectiveness. It retains the profile of the original but incorporates modern materials for its construction.The hollow ground blade is made of German 4116 Stainless, expertly heat treated to Rc 56-57, and given a fine sharp edge that’s easy to maintain. Instead of the traditional wood handle, ours is made of tough Polypropylene, so it’s impervious to the elements and won’t swell, shrink,rot or crack the way wood does.
The Roach Belly comes with a pouch style black Cor-Ex sheath.The sheath has a generously sized belt loop and also converts readily to being worn as a neck knife.
- Hollow ground blade is made of German 4116 Stainless,heat treated to Rc 56-57
- Fine sharp edge that’s easy to maintain
- Polypropylene handle, so it’s impervious to the elements and won’t swell, shrink,rot or crack
- Included: pouch style black Cor-Ex sheath
- Has a generously sized belt loop and also converts readily to being worn as a neck knife
- Weight: 2.6 oz
- Thick: 2.5mm
- Blade: 4 1/2"
- Overall: 8 1/2"
- Steel: German 4116 Stainless
- Polypropylene Handles with Cor-Ex Sheaths
Manufacturer: Cold Steel
Manufacturer Number: 20RBCZ