The duo that started it all – the Howa barreled action and the Hogue Overmolded® rifle stock. Howa M-1500 rifles are well known in the shooting community for their accuracy and ability to hold up under the toughest of conditions. Add to that the Hogue Overmolded® stock features a comfortable, soft grip to reduce shooting fatigue and still provides a positive grip surface in all weather conditions. The Hogue stock will not harden with age, and is impervious to gun solvents and gun oils. It is built with a fiberglass reinforced skeleton and pillar bedding for strength and accuracy, allowing the barrel to free-float. The stock also has a varminter style forend, built-in swivel studs and a famous Hogue recoil pad. With the Howa/Hogue you have a great shooter, combining supreme accuracy and safety with comfort and great handling, right off the shelf!
Target quality H.A.C.T. 2-stage trigger breaks crisp with no creep.
The M-1500 action is made in Japan by Howa who also makes many rifle components for several US gun companies. Howa is the only big bore rifle manufacturer in Japan.
- Trigger: H.A.C.T. 2-stage
- Cold hammer forged barrel
- Forged flat-bottom receiver with integral recoil lug
- One-piece forged bolt/handle (can be taken apart for cleaning by hand, no tools needed)
- 3 pressure relief holes in blot main body
- External Sako/m16 style extractor and m16 style internal plunger ejector
- Push-feed design
- 2 locking lugs and bolt handle acts as 3rd safety lug.
- The HACT trigger is set up like a drop-in unit, 2-stage, no external springs or transfer bars
- Trigger is set to 2.5- 3lb
- Serrated trigger shoe
- Three position safety