Howa/Axiom rifles are available with two different scope packages, depending on the base rifle purchased. First, the standard barrel (#2 taper) Axiom comes with a 3-10x42 Nikko Stirling Nighteater riflescope, and includes rings and one-piece bases. This Axiom is available in Black synthetic stock and comes in nine standard calibers as well as three magnum calibers. The Howa/Axiom also comes in a heavy barrel varmint version with Camo Nikko Stirling 4-16x44 Nighteater scope. This Howa/Axiom combo comes with either a 20” or 24” heavy (#6 taper) barrel for greater heat dissipation and stability, and is available in either Black or Camouflage synthetic stock. Available in five varmint killing calibers in the 24” barrel length, and .223, .22-250, and .308 calibers in the 20” barrel.
Target quality H.A.C.T. 2-stage trigger breaks crisp with no creep.
The M-1500 action is made in Japan by Howa who also makes many rifle components for several US gun companies. Howa is the only big bore rifle manufacturer in Japan.
- Trigger: H.A.C.T. 2-stage
- Cold hammer forged barrel
- Forged flat-bottom receiver with integral recoil lug
- One-piece forged bolt/handle (can be taken apart for cleaning by hand, no tools needed)
- 3 pressure relief holes in blot main body
- External Sako/m16 style extractor and m16 style internal plunger ejector
- Push-feed design
- 2 locking lugs and bolt handle acts as 3rd safety lug.
- The HACT trigger is set up like a drop-in unit, 2-stage, no external springs or transfer bars
- Trigger is set to 2.5- 3lb
- Serrated trigger shoe
- Three position safety