Using the long-recognized Howa barreled action in combination with the Hogue over-molded stock is the 2-N-1 youth model. Built with a 20" lightweight barrel, the 2-N-1 youth also boasts a shortened 12.5" LOP for proper fit. This combo also includes an adult Hogue over-molded stock as part of the purchase, so the rifle can "grow" as your son or daughter grows. This upgraded package combo come with an Nikko Stirling 3-9x42 scope with rings and bases all in the box. Youth stock is black and adult stock is olive drab.
- Action: Bolt
- Caliber: 243 Winchester
- Barrel Length: 20"
- Trigger: Two-Stage
- Safety: Three Position
- OAL: 39.25"
- Weight: 8.55 lbs
- Stock: Hogue OverMolded Black
- Metal Finish: Blued
- Twist: 1:10"
- Barrel: Free-Floating Hammer-Forged
- Receiver Material: Steel
- Sights: Scope, Drilled/Tapped
- Hand: Right Youth
Target quality H.A.C.T. 2-stage trigger breaks crisp with no creep.
The M-1500 action is made in Japan by Howa who also makes many rifle components for several US gun companies. Howa is the only big bore rifle manufacturer in Japan.
- Trigger: H.A.C.T. 2-stage
- Cold hammer forged barrel
- Forged flat-bottom receiver with integral recoil lug
- One-piece forged bolt/handle (can be taken apart for cleaning by hand, no tools needed)
- 3 pressure relief holes in blot main body
- External Sako/m16 style extractor and m16 style internal plunger ejector
- Push-feed design
- 2 locking lugs and bolt handle acts as 3rd safety lug.
- The HACT trigger is set up like a drop-in unit, 2-stage, no external springs or transfer bars
- Trigger is set to 2.5- 3lb
- Serrated trigger shoe
- Three position safety