The Howa/Axiom uses a cam and spring absorber in the pistol grip & another heavy spring in the stock tube. Both systems are separate units from the forend, allowing the stock to absorb recoil on impact. The Howa M-1500 offers as standard many features found in much more expensive rifles, like a forged receiver and forged, one-piece bolt that are both ported for safety, a three position safety, a one-piece guard and magazine box with hinged floor plate. The bolt also features two locking lugs and an M-16 style extractor.
Target quality H.A.C.T. 2-stage trigger breaks crisp with no creep.
The M-1500 action is made in Japan by Howa who also makes many rifle components for several US gun companies. Howa is the only big bore rifle manufacturer in Japan.
- Trigger: H.A.C.T. 2-stage
- Cold hammer forged barrel
- Forged flat-bottom receiver with integral recoil lug
- One-piece forged bolt/handle (can be taken apart for cleaning by hand, no tools needed)
- 3 pressure relief holes in blot main body
- External Sako/m16 style extractor and m16 style internal plunger ejector
- Push-feed design
- 2 locking lugs and bolt handle acts as 3rd safety lug.
- The HACT trigger is set up like a drop-in unit, 2-stage, no external springs or transfer bars
- Trigger is set to 2.5- 3lb
- Serrated trigger shoe
- Three position safety