Carved from years of hard-earned insight, the BARRETT Model 98B is entirely in a league of its own. Designed to adapt to a user’s every need, this revolutionary precision rifle offers long-range performance that others can only dream of.
Even the casual observer can see that the Model 98B is not a descendant of the bolt action sporting rifle. In fact, it’s not a descendant of anything. This .338 Lapua Magnum rifle was developed to be a completely unique, purpose-built platform for precise long-range shooting.
Thanks to its modular layout, this rifle can be adapted to fit each user’s exact needs. Its straight-line design, running from the muzzle to the shooter’s shoulder, tames recoil. It also allows for faster, more accurate follow-up shots fed from the 10-round detachable magazine. The ergonomic pistol grip reduces muscle fatigue and provides total control over the fully adjustable trigger. An intuitive, thumb-operated safety can be accessed without compromising the firing grip. This allows the shooter to maintain a solid weld to the adjustable cheek piece. The oversized bolt handle can be easily manipulated, feeding a fresh round into the chamber as the bolt silently glides through a polymer guide.
The Model 98B rifle’s aluminum upper receiver boasts an 18-inch M1913 optics rail, offering plenty of space to mount substantial optics as well as a night vision device or other accessories. The forward receiver is drilled and tapped for accessory rails to be mounted at the 3, 6 and 9 o’clock positions. This impressive long-range weapon isn’t all work. Equipped with a rear monopod and forward bipod, it’s also a pleasure to shoot. From its highly efficient muzzle brake to its shooter-adaptable design and unprecedented performance, the 98B is ingenuity in action.
- Match-grade 26" fluted barrel
- High efficiency fanned muzzle brake
- 18" 30 MOA rail
- Polymer cheek piece is height adjustable from either side
- Polymer bolt guide acts as dust cover and provides smooth bolt cycling
- Fully adjustable match-grade trigger
- Ambidextrous magazine release is accessible while maintaining firing grip
- Accepts standard M4 / M16 pistol grips
- Accepts height-adjustable monopod
- Ultra-absorbent Sorbothane recoil pad
- Black Mil.-Spec Type 3, Class 2 hardcoat anodized finish
- Caliber: .338 Lapua Magnum
- Action: Bolt-action
- Barrel Length: 26"
- Twist: 1 turn in 10"
- Magazine Capacity: 10 Rounds
- Scope: Leupold 4.5-14x50mm
- Overall Length: 49.75"
- Weight: 13.5 lbs.
- Leupold 4.5-14x50mm Scope
- Barrett Ultra High Rings
- Two 10-round magazines
- Two quick detach swivel sling loops
- Side accessory rail
- multiple length accessory rails
- Pelican hard-sided case with custom insert and operator's manual