Nothing can be more representative of the opening of the American West and the early days of the Winchester Firearms brand than a single-shot rifle. They were the days of the great cattle drives, westbound wagon trains and herds of buffalo roaming the dusty plains. It was a time when men of courage and vision ... and their Winchester rifles led the way. They still do.
- Receiver: Steel; Drilled and tapped for scope
- Barrel: Octagon 24”; Gloss blued
- Action: Single shot lever-action
- Stock: Oil finish; Grade I walnut; Checkered; Schnabel forearm
- Rubber butt pad; Sling swivel studs; One piece scope base/rings included
- Strong, machined steel receiver
- Crisp, adjustable trigger
- Simple, strong, reliable and accurate falling block design
- A proud sense of history only the Model 1885 single-shot can offer
- Caliber / Gauge: 22-250 Rem.
- Barrel Length: 24"
- Overall Length: 40"
- Length of Pull: 13 1/2"
- Drop at Comb: 3/4"
- Drop at Heel: 1 1/4"
- Weight: 7 lbs. 8 oz.