Even the casual observer can see that the Model 98B is not a descendant of the bolt action sporting rifle. In fact, it’s not a descendant of anything. This .338 Lapua Magnum rifle was developed to be a completely unique, purpose-built platform for precise long-range shooting.
Its straight-line design, running from the highly efficient muzzle brake to the shooter’s shoulder, tames recoil. It also allows for faster, more accurate follow-up shots fed from the 10-round detachable magazine. The ergonomic pistol grip reduces muscle fatigue and provides total control over the fully adjustable trigger. An intuitive, thumb-operated safety can be accessed without compromising the firing grip and allows the shooter to maintain a solid weld to the adjustable cheek piece. The oversized bolt handle can be easily manipulated, feeding a new round into the chamber as the bolt glides through a polymer guide.
The Model 98B rifle’s aluminum upper receiver boasts a full length M1913 optics rail, offering plenty of space to mount substantial optics as well as a night vision device or other accessories. The forward receiver is drilled and tapped for accessory rails to be mounted at the 3, 6 and 9 o’clock positions. This impressive long-range rifle system is equipped with a rear monopod and forward bipod. From its shooter-adaptable design to its unprecedented performance, the 98B is ingenuity in action.
This model features a black anodized reciever and a 26 inch fluted barrel. It comes with two 10 round magazines, bipod, monopod, two sling loops, side accessory rail and a hard carrying case.
- Caliber: .338 Lapua Magnum
- Polymer cheek piece is height adjustable from either side
- Polymer bolt guide acts as dust cover and provides smooth bolt cycling
- Fully adjustable match grade trigger
- 18” (45.72 cm) 30 MOA rail
- Mil-Spec Type 3, Class 2 Hardcoat anodized
- Multiple length accessory rails can be mounted at 3, 6 and 9 o’clock positions
- Forward and rear sling loop attachment points
- High efficiency muzzle brake
- 10-round polymer magazine
- Ambidextrous magazine release is accessible while maintaining firing grip
- Accepts standard M4/M16 pistol grips
- Accepts height adjustable monopod
- Ultra absorbent Sorbathane recoil pad
- Height adjustable monopod
- Harris bipod
- Two 10-round polymer magazines
- Multiple length accessory rails
- Pelican case with custom insert
- 2 quick-detach swivel sling loops
- Operator’s manual