The "Fusil Automatique Léger" (Light Automatic Rifle) was originally developed by Fabrique Nationale de Herstal, in Belgium. The common deployment of the FAL by many NATO militaries during the cold war earned it the famous nickname "The right arm of the free world". Operating by means of a battle tested short stroke, spring operated piston, this proven design is still very relevant in today's modern firearm market. To own a FAL rifle is to own a piece of history.
DS Arms is one of the only companies currently producing spare parts and proprietary accessories for the FAL. The SA58 is ideal for users seeking a rifle capable of medium range shooting, without sacrificing reliability. The fixed, traditionally styled stock provides a durable, consistent cheekweld. With an 18" barrel and dissapator style handguards , this carbine is also ideal for hunting. DS Arms FAL rifles are finely crafted weapons, and are not simply assembled on a line. Each part is fabricated in house by DSA and carefully fit together, with the utmost care and precision.
- .308 Winchester (accepts 7.62 NATO)
- 18" Premium bipod-cut barrel with threaded Belgian short flashider
- Standard hand guards
- FAL Synthetic pistol grip
- Traditional FAL stock
- Elevation adjustable protected post front sight
- Windage adjustable rear peep sight
- U.S. Made glass filled nylon furniture
- Alloy PARA lower receiver
- 20 Rounds