The Daniel Defense M4A1 features the M4A1 RIS II, which has been in use by US Special Operations Command (SOCOM) for the SOPMOD II Weapons System since 2005. The M4A1 features a 14.5” Cold Hammer Forged M4 Profile barrel with a permanently attached Daniel Defense Flash Suppressor. Introduced in 2014, the M4A1 is one of 4 models that is finished with the new Mil Spec+ Cerakote. This rifle also comes with the newly designed, rugged and comfortable Daniel Defense Buttstock and Pistol Grip.
- Lower Receiver: Mil-Spec with Enhanced Flared Magazine Well and Rear Receiver QD Swivel Attachment Point. CNC Machined of 7075-T6 Aluminum, Type III Hard Coat Anodized
- Upper Receiver: Mil-Spec with Indexing Marks and M4 Feed Ramps. CNC Machined of 7075-T6 Aluminum, Type III Hard Coat Anodized
- Barrel: Chrome Moly Vanadium Steel, Cold Hammer Forged, 1:7 twist, 14.5? M4 Profile, Chrome Lined, MP tested, and Mil-Spec Heavy Phosphate Coated
- Gas System: Pinned Low Profile Gas Block CNC Machined of 4140 hardened steel with Mil-Spec Heavy Phosphate Coating, Carbine Length, Direct Impingement
- Muzzle Device: Pinned and Welded Daniel Defense Flash Suppressor, Extended, 17-4 PH Stainless Steel, Salt Bath Nitride Finished
- Bolt Carrier Group: M16 Profile, Mil-Spec MP Tested, Chrome Lined, Properly Staked Gas Key
- Buffer: H Buffer
- Handguard: Daniel Defense M4A1 Rail Interface System (RIS) II, CNC Machined of 6061-T6 Aluminum
- Receiver Extension: 6 Position Mil-Spec 7075-T6 Aluminum
- Buttstock: Daniel Defense Buttstock, Glass Filled Polymer with Soft Touch Overmolding
- Pistol Grip: Daniel Defense Pistol Grip, Glass Filled Polymer with Soft Touch Overmolding
- Rail Ladders: 3 low profile ladders made from Santoprene, heat resistant to 300° F.
- Finish: Daniel Defense Mil Spec+ Cerakote
- Made in the USA
- Caliber: 5.56mm NATO
- Gas System: Carbine
- Product Weight: 6.74 lbs.
- Length: 31 ½” – 34 ¾”
- Magazine: Magpul PMAG 30-Round
- Case: Daniel Defense Full-Latch Impact Plastic Case