The M6A2 Special Teams Gas Piston Rifles comes with a 14.7 inch or a 16.1 inch barrel. Rifle systems come standard with the LMT SOPMOD stock, LWRC folding BUIS front and rear sight and the Magpul MOE grip. The M6A2 features a 9 inch picatinny quad-rail and is avaiable in 4 different colors.
Rifles come standard in a black finish but can be upgraded to a Cerakote finish. Cerakote is a unique ceramic based thermoset epoxy finish that is applied over the top of the hard coat anodizing. This makes the rifle extremely durable and abrasion resistant. Cerakote colors are offered in the Olive Drab, Flat Dark Earth and Patriot Brown.
LWRC rifles and carbines utilize cold hammer forged barrels made of 41V45 steel alloy (per Mil-B-11995E) and treated with NiCorr surface conversion technology. The M6A1 features the LWRC patented self-regulating short-stroke gas-piston system. Using this system, LWRC has engineered a complete solution to the deficits found in direct impingement M16/AR15/M4 family of rifles and carbines. This translates into rifles that are far more reliable and accurate with improved handling and reduced recoil.
The M6A2 rifle is a standard carbine available in various barrel lengths and in either 5.56mm NATO or 6.8mm SPC. The M6A2 rifle is ideal for those who utilize optical sights as it employs a low- profile gas block. There is no A-frame front sight to obscure the field of view of the optical device. The M6A2 rifle also features a longer midlength free float rail system with a removable return-to-zero top. Any M4 MIL Std 1913 accessory can be mounted to the rail, and because the rail has a monolithic profile, you can bridge devices from the receiver to the rail seamlessly. The longer rail also affords more 1913 “real estate” to mount your accessories.
The M6A2 rifle can be used in various roles. With the 10.5 inch barrel, it is ideal for close quarters battle or fighting in built up areas. The 14.7 inch barrel M6A2 rifle is an excellent general purpose carbine capable of effective fire out to 600 meters. And with the 16.1 inch barrel, the M6A2 rifle can be used as a Squad Dedicated Marksman Rifle. The M6A2 rifle's edge in capability, reliability, accuracy and long service life is the result of advance technology materials and manufacturing processes, combines with progressive patented designs. The M6A2 rifle defines itself as the most modern and incrementally evolved carbine in the world. At the same time it also presents the best value. Service life is extended to four times that of a legacy M4, accuracy is 100 percent better, and there M6 rifles are many times more reliable than the legacy gas-impingement design.
- Skirmish Back-Up Iron Sights
- Short-Stroke piston operation offers unparalleled reliability
- LWRC Enhanced Fire Control Group: LWRC investment casting are x-rayed for imperfections prior to machining and nickel-boron coated for a smooth, crisp trigger pull with positive reset
- LWRCI Compact Stock with integrated sling attachment point
- LWRC RailSkins: Heat resistant polymer rail covers have a narrow profile for maximum air exchange
- Cold hammer forged barrel. 1:7 Twist rate will stabilize a wide range of bullet weights and types
- Birdcage Flash Hider
- Standard charging handle
- Nickel-Boron coated Bolt Carrier Group for umparalled wear resistance, corrosion resistance and permanent lubricity
- 9" Picatinny quad-rail for optics, vertical forward grips, lights and lasers