In development for more than four years, the VP9 is Heckler & Koch’s latest handgun and the first striker fired HK since the renowned P7 series pistols were introduced in the 1980s.
- Unique striker firing system with an enhanced HK “light pull” trigger
- The VP9 trigger has a consistent pre-travel pull with a positive wall/crisp break
- HK’s ergonomic handgun grip design that includes three changeable backstraps and six side panels— accommodating all hand sizes.
- All controls are completely ambidextrous. Slide releases are present on both sides of the frame and the magazine release can be easily activated by left- or right-handed shooters.
- HK’s patented charging supports — simple components that are mounted on each side of the rear of the slide and provide better gripping leverage for racking the slide rearward
- Extended Picatinny MIL-STD-1913 rail molded into its polymer frame for mounting lights and accessories
- The VP9’s proprietary captive flat recoil spring helps reduce the recoil forces effecting the operator and the handgun, improving shooter control during rapid firing and prolonging component service life
- HK’s famous cold hammer forged barrel — made from cannon grade steel — ensures long service life
- The VP9’s machined steel slide is protected from corrosion and wear by HK’s hostile environment finish and all metal components, including springs and pins have superior metallurgy.
- Caliber: 9mmx19
- Action: Browning Type, Modified linkless locking system
- Overall length: 7.34 in.
- Overall height: 5.41 in.
- Overall width: 1.32 in.
- Barrel length: 4.09 in.
- Sight radius: 6.38 in.
- Weight (empty magazine): 3.28 oz.
- Weight (with empty magazine): 25.56 oz.
- Magazine capacity: 15 round(2 Mags included)
- Trigger system: Striker fired
- Trigger pull (N): 5.4 lbs.
- Trigger travel: .24 inches
- Return travel: .12 inches
- Sights: Three dot , non-radioactive luminous
- Barrel Profile/Twist: Polygonal, 6 grooves, right-hand twist, 1 in 9.8 inches