Leica Trinovid 8x42 HD-Plus Binoculars Md:40318
Leica's premium, entry-level binocular combines their legacy of superior imaging, robust designs, and exemplary field performance in an economically-priced package. The Leica Trinovid HD binoculars offer close focus at under six feet which allows appreciation of subjects whether close or far. The unique adventure strap offers a comfortable and secure carrying solution that provides better fit, feel, and performance than standard harness systems. At the end of the day, you merely wrap this strap around the binocular and it doubles as a clever carrying case.
The models of the 8x42 HD-Plus series are among the most compact binoculars available on the market in their class but their light-gathering power can compete with the larger 50 mm models. Leica Trinovid 8x42 HD-Plus binoculars are available with a magnification factor of 7x, 8x or 10x.
The 7x magnification is a true leading light and so is ideal for use in the hours approaching darkness. In addition, the 7x magnification offers a steady image, because hand trembling or engine vibrations, e.g. on a boat, are not transmitted.
The 8x magnification binoculars are real all-rounders. Despite the lower magnification factor they offer sharp and detailed images and thanks to their good exit pupil they keep performing for a relatively long time in fading light. The excellent field of view of the 8x magnification also offers a good overview, especially in wooded regions. The 10x magnification shows fine details even at long distances without burdening you with too much weight.
- Delivery scope: Neoprene carrying strap, contoured, eyepiece cover, protective front lens cover, Cordura case
- Magnification: 7 x
- Front lens diameter: 42 mm
- Exit pupil : 6 mm
-Twilight factor: 17.1
-Field of view at 1,000 m / Field of view at 1,000 yds: 140 m
- Eye-relief : 17 mm
- Objective angle of view : 8°
- Close focusing distance : approx. 3.3 m/10.8 ft
- Diopter compensation : ± 4 diopters
- Automatic diopter compensation ADC: yes
- Eyepieces for eyeglass wearers : yes, removable, with two click stops
- Adjustable interpupillary distance : 55 -75 mm
- Focusing: Internal focusing via central focusing device
- No. of lens elements (each side) : 8, all with HDC coating and Leica AquaDura
- Prism system : Roof prism with phase correcting coating P40 and HighLux-System HLS
- Watertightness: Watertight to a depth of 5 m/16.5 ft
- Housing : Die-cast magnesium, nitrogen-filled
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 120x 141 x 68 mm
4¾ x 55/8 x 25/8 in
- Weight approx.: 770 g / 27.2 oz
- Order No. Accessories :
- Neoprene carrying strap, contoured: included
- Floating carrying strap, orange : 42 163
- Tripod adapter : 42 220
Manufacturer: Leica Camera AG
Manufacturer Number: 40318