Spyderco Native5 Lightweight Black Plain Edge Folding Knife Md: C41PBK5
The Native5 is an evolution of refinements in knifemaking with a bold G-10 handle and nitrogen-hardened CPM-S35VN blade. The Native5 is Spyderco’s first production folder made with Crucible Inc. powdered technology CPM-S35VN steel.
Flat-ground, the blade is PlainEdged with a weight reducing spine-swedge grind. CPM-S35VN is similarly structured to Crucible’s CMP-S30V but with the addition of niobium (columbium) carbides along with vanadium and chromium carbides. Niobium makes the steel tougher while enhancing resistance to wear and chipping and improves edge retention over basic smelted high-chromium steels.
- Full flat grind blade
- Textured finger choil and thumb ramp
- Bi-directional handle texturing
- Linerless design helps reduce weight
- Folding or Fixed Blade: Folding
- Blade Steel: CMP S35VN
- Handle Material: Fiberglass Reinforced Nylon (FRN)
- Blade Shape: Drop Point
- Pocket Clip: Yes
- Carry Options: Lanyard hole, reversible pocket clip tip up tip down
- Locking Mechanism: Back lock
- Blade Finish: Satin
- Rockwell Hardness: Not listed by manufacturer
- Opening Method: Thumb hole
- Blade Length: 2.95"
- Blade Thickness: .125"
- Closed Length: 4"
- Overall Length: 6.95"
- Weight: 2.5oz
Manufacturer Number: C41PBK5