The little guy’s always the toughest. That’s certainly true of Kershaw's Half-Ton. The short, chubby blade works on and on.
A wider blade like the Half-Ton’s is designed for easier slicing. In a utility knife, that means everything from slicing open a box to cutting up some apple slices to go with lunch. The Half-Ton’s blade is stout and on the shorter side at just 2 1/2 inches. Nevertheless, this solid, tough knife is perfect for most jobs around the shop or garage. Kershaw gave the Half-Ton a high grind to slim the blade, so even though the blade is quite wide, it still moves through whatever you’re cutting with ease.
A locking liner secures the blade open when in use and releases easily. Jimping on the top of the handle provides additional purchase for your thumb and an index-finger contour fits the hand securely. To make the Half-Ton even easier to hang onto, Kershaw adds glass-reinforced nylon handles with grippy, non-slip inserts. The handles are extra-sturdy and impact resistant.
And just for grins, Kershaw completes the package with their patented Wrench Clip, the pocket clip shaped like a mini-wrench.
- There is no mechanical assist, such as SpeedSafe, used to open the folding knife. It opens the classic, old-school way.
- Locks the blade open during use; one side of the knife’s steel “liner,” the steel plate to which the handle scales are attached, moves into position behind the blade to securely lock it open.
- The pocketclip is in a fixed position on the knife handle; usually it is positioned for tip-down, right-handed carry, though this may vary.
- Liner lock
- Single-position pocketclip
- Steel: 8CR13MOV, satin finish
- Handle: Glass-filled nylon, non-slip inserts
- Blade length: 21/2 in. (6.4 cm)
- Closed length: 3 5/8 in. (9.2 cm)
- Overall length: 6 1/8 in. (15.5 cm)
- Weight: 3.3 oz.