The popular Scallion now comes in a handsome Kershaw color: olive drab. Like the rest of the Scallion family, it has 2 1/4-inch blade that makes it the ideal size for easy, lightweight pocket carry. Even so, the Scallion steps up to just about any task you'd ask it to do, from breaking down cardboard boxes to slicing an apple for a snack.
The blade is 420HC, a high-carbon stainless steel blade with good edge retention and excellent corrosion resistance. For an easy-to-maintain matte finish, the blade is bead-blasted. And as always, the Scallion comes equipped with SpeedSafe assisted opening. With SpeedSafe, you can open the blade one-handed. Just pull back on the ambidextrous blade protrusion or push on the thumbstud and the blade moves out of the handle, ready for use. To get that discrete olive drab color, Kershaw anodizes the Scallion's aluminum handle scales so they will accept a dye to produce Kershaw's scratch resistant, colorful handles. A locking steel liner secures the blade when open and is easy to close for storage.
A Tip-Lock builds in extra safety during transport. Just move the slider built into the handle to help guard against accidental opening. If you like a little color in your pocketknife, but want something a bit discrete, the Kershaw olive drab Scallion may be for you.
- May be used on either manual or assisted opening knives. The “flipper” is a protrusion on the back of the blade that the user can pull back on, or flip, in order to move the blade easily out of the handle.
- Locks the blade open during use; one side of the knife’s steel “liner,” the steel plate to which the handle scales are attached, moves into position behind the blade to securely lock it open.
- The pocketclip is in a fixed position on the knife handle; usually it is positioned for tip-down, right-handed carry, though this may vary.
- When you see this on one of Kershaw's knives, it means the knife was made in Kershaw's Tualatin, Oregon manufacturing facility by skilled Kershaw knifemakers.
- Made in the USA
- SpeedSafe® assisted opening
- Liner lock
- Single-position pocketclip
- Steel: 420HC, bead-blasted finish
- Handle: 6060-T6 anodized aluminum
- Blade length: 2 1/4 in. (5.8 cm)
- Closed length: 3 1/2 in. (8.4 cm)
- Overall length: 5 3/4 in. (14.6 cm)
- Weight: 2.3 oz.
Aluminum, Olive Drab, Clam Pack