The Burst's aggressive, spiked look stands out
Check out the blade grind on this one. You’ll notice that it goes all the way down the flipper. Why? Frankly, Kershaw just thought it looked cool that way. But of course, good looks aren’t the only thing the Burst has to offer.
That cool blade grind is on a 3-inch blade of 8Cr13MoV stainless steel that gives you top wear resistance and strength, plus an ability to take and hold a Kershaw-sharp edge. This version offers the additional cutting power of partial serrations to make cutting fibrous material like rope a snap. Kershaw also gave this high-performance blade a stonewashed finish for a slightly “roughed up” look that is a perfect compliment to the assertive looks of the Burst. Kershaw adds even more energy to the Burst with SpeedSafe® assisted opening for fast and easy one-handed opening. There’s no thumbstud on this one. Just pull back on that flipper with the cool grind and the Burst’s blade moves smoothly out of the handle, ready to go to work. That Burst’s handle scales are textured glass-filled nylon. Glass fibers are added to this thermoplastic polymer for additional strength.
Glass-filled nylon is an outstanding handle material, providing wear, abrasion, and impact resistance, and high dimensional stability. A secure locking liner locks the blade open until the user releases it. The Burst’s pocketclip is reversible for left- or right-handed carry. The Burst manages to pack all these sharp looks and useful features into a value-priced package.
- 2-Step Serration: Serrations assist in cutting through particularly tough or fibrous material, such as rope or cord. The Kershaw 2-step serration is a more aggressive style of serration.
- Flipper: May be used on either manual or assisted opening knives. The “flipper” is a protrusion on the back of the blade that the user can pull back on, or flip, in order to move the blade easily out of the handle.
- SpeedSafe®: Assists you to open any SpeedSafe® knife quickly and easily with a manual push on the thumbstud or pull back on the flipper; built into many Kershaw best sellers.
- Liner Lock: Locks the blade open during use; one side of the knife’s steel “liner,” the steel plate to which the handle scales are attached, moves into position behind the blade to securely lock it open.
- Reversible: Pre-drilled holes in the handle enable the user to change either the tip position or the side on which the knife carries.
- SpeedSafe assisted opening
- Liner lock
- Reversible (left/right) pocketclip
- Steel: 8Cr13MoV, stonewashed finish
- Handle: Glass-filled nylon
- Blade length: 3 in. (7.6 cm)
- Closed length: 4 1/8 in. (10.5 cm)
- Overall length: 7 1/8 in. (18 cm)
- Weight: 3.4 oz.
Serrated, Clam Pack