This Howa rifle is the flagship of the Howa line. This rifle has all the features that make Howa great, including a Hogue Overmolded stock which is soft rubber over an aluminum skeleton, providing a positive grip in all weather conditions, reduced shooting fatigue and high resistance to most gun solvents. Barrels are free floated for maximum accuracy.
- Finish: Stainless Steel
- Trigger: Two-Stage
- Action: Bolt
- Caliber: 300 Winchester Magnum
- Barrel Length: 24"
- Safety: Three Position
- Stock: Hogue OverMolded Black
- Length: 44.75"
- Weight: 7.95 lbs
Target quality H.A.C.T. 2-stage trigger breaks crisp with no creep.
The M-1500 action is made in Japan by Howa who also makes many rifle components for several US gun companies. Howa is the only big bore rifle manufacturer in Japan.
- Trigger: H.A.C.T. 2-stage
- Cold hammer forged barrel
- Forged flat-bottom receiver with integral recoil lug
- One-piece forged bolt/handle (can be taken apart for cleaning by hand, no tools needed)
- 3 pressure relief holes in blot main body
- External Sako/m16 style extractor and m16 style internal plunger ejector
- Push-feed design
- 2 locking lugs and bolt handle acts as 3rd safety lug.
- The HACT trigger is set up like a drop-in unit, 2-stage, no external springs or transfer bars
- Trigger is set to 2.5- 3lb
- Serrated trigger shoe
- Three position safety