With the advent of modern AR-15 accessories and technology, new concepts and old ideas live side by side. For instance, the CMMG MK3 CBR is a lightweight, modular carbine chambered in the trusted .308 Winchester cartridge. Normally, this caliber would be reserved for a heavy, long barreled battle rifle. CMMG created a carbine that handles like a lightweight .556 NATO, but packs the punch of the proven .308 Winchester cartridge.
The MK3 CBR can be made to fit shooters of all sizes, thanks to the adjustability of the Magpul stock. An ergonomic grip, also from Magpul, adds to the ergonomic features of this rifle. CMMG also includes a KeyMod rail system.
The KeyMod accessory mounting system is the new industry standard. KeyMod is a simple, low profile and comfortable mounting alternative to M1913 Picatinny Rail. The standardization of the system will allow direct attachment of accessories without the use of intermediate M1913 rails found on most modular hand guards.
- Caliber:.308 Winchester
- Barrel: 16" 416 Stainless Steel, 1:10" twist, 5/8-24 threaded
- Hand guard: 15" free float Revo KeyMod, (1) 5 slot rail
- Low profile gas block
- Surefire SOCOM suppressor adapter muzzle brake
- Magpul MOE pistol grip & ACS-L buttstock
- Trigger: Geissele Super Semi-Automatic (SAA) 2 stage trigger
- 20 round PMAG