The Bolo knife has been used and proven by the natives of the Philippines for hundreds of years. It was issued at the JEST School (Jungle Environmental Survival Training), the premier Jungle Survival School for U.S. military forces in the Asia-Pacific region at the U.S. Naval Base, Subic Bay, Philippines. The modern JEST Bolo, with its precise re-curve angle for fast and powerful chopping, cutting, puncturing and thrusting, is the superior blade choice for survival applications and Close-Quarters Combat.
- Overall length: 18 ¾”
- Weight: 22 oz
- Blade length and thickness: 13”, 1/8”
- Hardwood Ash handle length: 5 ¾”
- Integral guard, flat pommel, and hook handle for secure use and complete retention
- Heat-treated to Rockwell C-47; 1075 High Carbon Steel with Black Powder Coating
- 1800 Waterproof Denier Cordura sheath with reinforced lining and extended belt loop and security strip. Belt loop accommodates standard 2 ¼” military web belt