Bantam (Youth) Model
For Young or Smaller Framed Shooters
Mossberg 20 gauge 500 Bantam models are the most practical starter shotguns ever designed. Unlike other "youth" models, which simply consist of a shortened stock, these models feature a specially shortened and contoured buttstock, providing more of a "custom" fit for young or smaller-framed shooters. In addition, the forend is positioned closer to the shooter for easier operation. Each comes with a single shot magazine plug for safe training of beginners. As part of Mossberg's continuing youth program, each Bantam model also comes with a half-price certificate for a full-sized buttstock and/or forend when young shooters outgrow their Bantam dimensions.
More Standard Features, Unlimited Versatility:
- Shares many of the same stringent Mil-Spec standards of the renowned 590A1.
- 3" chamber
- Ambidextrous safety
- Quiet Carry dual action bars
- Factory-ported barrel
- Exceptional versatility comes from a wide selection of interchangeable barrels and Accu-Choke tubes.
- 3" chamber handles all 2 3/4" and 3" shells
- Blued barrel
- Ambidextrous and visually convenient tang safety location
- Wide vent rib with white front and brass mid-bead sights
- 6-shot (field model) capacity - one less with 3" shells
- Accu-Choke interchangeable tubes handle lead, steel and other non-toxic loads. 3 choke tubes.
- Positive steel-to-steel lock-up
- Receiver drilled and tapped for scope bases
- Honey Satin finished wood stock - compatible with accessory Stock Drop Spacer System
- Strong dual action bars
- Anti-jam elevator
- Rubber recoil pad
- Includes a Cablelock and a Ten Year limited Warranty
- Overall Length: 40 3/4"
- Weight: 6 1/2 lbs
- Rifled barrel twist: 1/28"
- Length Of Pull: 13"
- Vent rib width: 3/8"
- Receiver scope base holes: 8-40 thd
- Drop at comb: approx. 1 3/8"
- Drop at heel: 2 3/8"
- Standard 6-shot limiting plug: 1/4" x 9" wood dowel
The Mossberg 500 Bantam pump action shotgun is the preferred choice of youngsters and smaller stature adults - from beginner to seasoned outdoorsmen alike.
The E-Z Reach Forend helps shorter arms better control the cycling motion, and combined with the bantam-length 22" barrel, they provide a more balanced and controlled shooting position.
* The ambidextrous, easy-to-see and operate "top mounted" safety is a highly valued and recognized Mossberg feature.
* The 20 gauge Bantam also includes an extra-long limiting plug that renders the shotgun a "single shot." After approval of the coach, parent or guardian, the plug (located in the magazine tube), can be reduced in length, enabling the ammunition capacity to be increased, while still complying with 3-shot migratory bird hunting laws. Instructions for this modification are noted in the Owners Manual.
* A free Cablelock is included to help assist with your firearm safety measures.
* All 20 gauge Bantam 500 models are fully interchangeable with 'standard size' 20 gauge parts and accessories, including barrels, stocks and forends.
* Each Bantam model includes a "half-price" certificate enabling the user to purchase a standard size buttstock and/or forend assembly, factory direct, at half the advertised suggested retail price. It is well appreciated by young shooters who outgrow their Bantam dimensions, and a convenience for budget-minded families with various sized users, and best of all, the certificate has no expiration date.
* The 20 gauge Bantam 22" barrel is equipped with a 3/8" wide ventilated rib that sports a white front bead and a brass mid-point bead to help establish proper sighting alignment. Bantam barrels include our standard 20 gauge interchangeable Accu-Choke tube system, designed to handle lead, steel and other non-toxic loads.
Bantam Field, 20 Gauge, 22" Barrel, Blued, Satin Wood Stock, Two Bead Sights