It's hard to imagine that we could take a fan favorite like the Max™ family and make it even better. But thanks to advanced technology and materials, the new Max reels are precision engineered with a smoother feel, increased performance on the water and a new more compact design. The new ergonomic design features a compact bent handle and star for added comfort during retrieves.
All Max Family reels feature a lightweight one piece graphite frame and sideplates in addition to a smooth performing Power Disk™ drag system. These reels also include a MagTrax™ braking system for consistent brake pressure throughout the cast and the powerful Duragear™ ensures extended gear life.
The top of the line Max reel features a 7+1 bearing system for the smoothest feel and a fast retrieve 7.1:1 gear ratio.
The Pro Max™ has now been updated for 2012 with a more compact design and smoother feel thanks to advances in technology. The top of line Abu Garcia Max series reel features seven smooth bearings plus a corrosion resistant instant anti-reverse bearing. Its graphite side plates and frame create a truly lightweight reel weighing in at a mere 7.9 ounces.
The 7.1:1 high speed gear ratio is the fastest in the Max family picking up 31 inches per turn.
- 7 stainless steel ball bearings + 1 roller bearing provides smooth operation
- Machined double anodized aluminum spool provides strength without adding excess weight
- Power Disk™ drag system gives smooth drag performance
- Duragear™ brass gear for extended gear life
- MagTrax™ brake system gives consistent brake pressure throughout the cast
- Recessed reel foot plus a compact bent handle and star provide a more ergonomic design
- Lightweight one piece graphite frame and graphite sideplates
- Gear Ratio: 7.1:1
- Inches Per Turn: 31
- Retrieve Speed: High
- Spool Capacity (Mono): 12 lbs. / 145 yds.(line not included)
- Spool Capacity (Braid): 30 lbs. / 130 yds.
- Weight: 7.9 oz.
- Hand Retrieve: Right
- Maximum Drag: 15 lbs.