1815 French Officer's Saber
It is beautifully balanced and offered a moderately curved blade, a sharp useful point, and an excellent three bar hilt.
As a cavalry weapon, it is more than suitable for use in a charge and performed equally well when fighting at close range
in the mêlée. It is, however, the striking appearance of this saber that really inspired us. From the highly polished
steel and elegant etching on the blade, to the intricately decorated solid brass furniture and hilt, it's truly a vision to behold.
Taking a cue from an antique saber in a friend's collection, this is a saber that deserves to be reintroduced. This faithful
reproduction comes with a highly polished, battle ready blade forged from 1055 carbon steel, a wire wrapped leather handle,
polished stainless steel scabbard and a dazzling, highly decorated three bar hilt.
- Moderately curved blade
- Highly decorated three bar hilt
- Highly polished steel and elegant etching on the blade, to the intricately decorated solid brass furniture and hilt, it's truly a vision to behold
- 1055 carbon steel
- Wire wrapped leather handle
- Polished stainless steel scabbard
- Weight: 33.5 oz
- Blade Thickness: 7 mm
- Blade Length: 32"
- Handle: 6”
- Overall: 38"
- Steel: 1055 Carbon
- Scabbard: Polished stainless steel scabbard with brass fittings