All ASP Training Restraints are identical to their operational counterparts. They can be cased, carried and presented in the same manner as their tactical twin. Red Training Chain, Hinge, and Rigid are applied using the same Rock & Lock handcuffing procedure.
- They may then be rapidly removed using the Rotary Release technique
- Training Restraint pawls are designed to disengage when subjected to continuous back pressure
- The handcuffed student need only roll the wrists to release the cuffs
- Training Cuffs may also be double locked
- Once the secondary lock is activated, hard cuffs can only be removed by using a key to release the pawl
- This design feature allows progressive restraint training