You may notice a family resemblance, but let’s get one thing straight, this is not your Grandpa’s Auto-5. In fact, the iconic humpback-shaped receiver is the only thing this new Browning autoloader shares with its legendary namesake. The all new Browning A5 is built to be the most reliable, fastest cycling, best performing and softest shooting recoil-operated (yes, recoil-operated) autoloader on the planet.
Don't be confused by the humpback receiver profile, this isn't your grandpa's Auto-5. The Browning A5 is sure to become a classic in its own right, with a short-recoil operated action that is so reliable we back it with a 5 year/100,000 round guarantee — come hell or high water.
- Receiver: Strong, lightweight aluminum alloy; Black anodized bi-tone finish
- Barrel: Lightweight profile; Flat, ventilated rib
- Action: 3" chamber; Recoil operated Kinematic Drive is ultra-reliable and cycles a wide range of loads
- Stock: Gloss finish Walnut with close radius pistol grip; Sharp 22 lines-per-inch checkering; Shim adjustable for length of pull, cast and drop
- Vector Pro™ lengthened forcing cone
- Speed Load Plus
- Humpback Acquisition Advantage
- Three Invector-DS™ Choke Tubes (Full, Improved Cylinder, Modified)
- Inflex II Technology recoil pad
- Brass front bead sight
- Ivory mid-bead sight
- One 1/4" stock spacer and one 1/2" stock spacer, plus lengthened screws for total adjustment of 3/4"
- ABS case
- Turnkey Magazine Plug
- Gauge: 12
- Chamber: 3 1/2"
- Capacity: (4+1 with 2 3/4") (3+1 with 3" and 3 1/2")
- Barrel Length: 28"
- Length of Pull: 14 1/4"
- Drop at Comb: 1 3/4"
- Drop at Heel: 2"
- Rib Width: 1/4"
- Metal Finish: Black anodized bi-tone
- Wood Finish: Gloss stock and forearm
- Stock/Grip: Composite stock with close radius pistol grip
- Overall Length: 49 5/8"
- Weight: 6 lbs. 13 oz.