Imported by Century Arms
- Caliber: 40 S&W
- Manufactured in Yugoslavia by Zastava
- 3.8" Chrome-Lined Barrel
- 7.4" Overall Length
- Weighs 2.03 lbs.
- Alloy Frame
- Black Finish
- Ambidextrous Slide Release/Decocker and Magazine Release
- 3-Dot Sights
- Ported Barrel and Slide
- Double/Single Action
- Based on Sig Design
- Includes two 10 Round Magazines
Pistol CZ999 is a modern weapon used as a service gun or a personal defense gun. Due to excellent design solutions, ergonomics, state-of-the art technology in production, this weapon stands out with its precision, accuracy and functionality.
The pistol is a semi-automatic weapon, functioning on the short recoil of the barrel principle.
Locking is achieved by vertical oscillation of the barrel, that comes into the hole on the slide.
The pistol can function as a single action or double action gun.
The pistol is fed from a double-stack detachable magazine.
The pistol has ambidextrous controls - it can be operated with rigt or left hand.
The design of the pistol is such that the same controls have several functions.
Loaded chamber indicator shows whether there is a cartridge in the chamber.
Sights are square, with white dots and they facilitate aiming at low visibility conditions.
The slide is made of high quality alloy steel. The frame is made of aluminum alloy. Handgrip covers are made of high impact polymer.
Standard finish is phosphatizing and painting of aluminum parts, while the steel parts are blued.
Zastava Arms is the cradle of Serbian industry.
By a decision rendered in 1851 the Gun Foundry was moved from Belgrade to Kragujevac and in 1853 first cannon barrels were cast. This ended the efforts of the Principality of Serbia to have its own production of arms and equipment.
Gun Foundry in Kragujevac, the center of the Principality of Serbia, developed quickly. The Gun Foundry had first steam engines, first electric light, first technical school, first quality system and at Large World Fair in Paris, in 1889, the Gun Foundry won several medals.
Before the Second World War, the factory was a real industrial giant, with almost twelve thousand employees and ten thousand machines.