3 Prong Flash Hider for 6.8 SPC
Surefire Flash Hider / Suppressor Adapter SF3P-68-5/8-24
The advanced SureFire SF3P-68-5/8-24 three-prong flash hider, which fits 6.8 mm firearms with 5/8-24 muzzle threads, features a patent-pending design that greatly reduces muzzle flash—typically greater than 99%—when compared with a plain muzzle. Boasting robust tines built to withstand the rigors of combat, the SF3P-68-5/8-24 also serves as a rock-solid mounting adapter for SureFire SOCOM Series 6.8 mm Fast-Attach suppressors, the SOCOM556-RC model having placed first in the most extensive and rigorous suppressor testing ever conducted by US Special Operations Command.
Precision machined from US mill-certified heat-treated stainless steel bar stock—and including high-precision single-point cut threads for optimum thread interface—the SF3P-68-5/8-24 flash hider is given a black Ionbond DLC coating to provide maximum protection under harsh environmental conditions and to facilitate cleaning, even after extreme use. When used in conjunction with a SureFire SOCOM Series suppressor, the patent-pending design of the SF3P-68-5/8-24 provides multiple bearing surfaces to ensure superior suppressor alignment and to prevent the audible ringing of tines inside the suppressor. A rear labyrinth seal minimizes potential carbon buildup in the indexing system and facilitates suppressor removal after extended firing.
FITS: 6.8 mm rifles with 5/8-24 muzzle threads
MOUNTS: All SureFire SOCOM Series 6.8 mm / .277 caliber sound suppressors
- Patent-pending design provides greater than a 99% reduction in flash, when compared to a plain muzzle
- Multiple bearing surfaces provide superior suppressor alignment and prevent ringing of tines inside suppressor
- Precision machined from US mill-certified heat-treated stainless steel bar stock
- High-precision single-point cut barrel threads create optimum thread interface
- Inspected for all critical dimensions including concentricity and alignment
- Black Ionbond DLC coating provides maximum protection against harsh environmental conditions and facilitates cleaning after extreme use
- Serves as rock-solid mounting adapter for SureFire SOCOM Series sound suppressors
- Labyrinth seals mitigate gas leak from suppressor lock ring
- Installation requires no permanent modifications to most 6.8 mm /.277 caliber rifles with 5/8-24 muzzle threads
- Caliber: 6.8 mm (.277 caliber)
- Length: 2.67 inches
Mfg No: SF3P-68-5/8-24
Weight: 0.3 pounds.
Dimensions: 6.25 (L) x 4.25 (W) x 1.5 (H) inches.: