Muzzle Brake For 6.8 SPC AR Variants
The advanced SureFire muzzle brake, which fits 6.8 mm rifles with 5/8-24 muzzle threads, greatly reduces both recoil impulse and muzzle rise so that the weapon tracks straight back to keep you on target for faster shot-to-shot recovery. Its patented Impulse Diffusion design minimizes side blast and rear-directed concussion effects. The SFMB-68-5/8-24 also serves as a rock-solid mounting adapter for SureFire SOCOM Series 6.8 mm Fast-Attach® suppressors, the SOCOM556-RC model having placed first in the most extensive and rigorous suppressor testing ever conducted by US Special Operations Command.
Precision machined from US mill-certified heat-treated stainless steel bar stock—including high-precision single-point cut threads for optimum thread interface—the SFMB-762-M18X1 muzzle brake is given a black Ionbond DLC coating to provide maximum protection under harsh environmental conditions and to facilitate cleaning even after extreme use.
When used in conjunction with a SOCOM Series suppressor, the patent-pending design of the SFMB-762-M18X1 provides multiple bearing surfaces to ensure superior suppressor alignment. A rear labyrinth seal minimizes potential carbon buildup in the indexing system and facilitates suppressor removal after extended firing.
- Delivers greatly reduced recoil impulse and muzzle rise and features neutral porting that loads bi-pod legs evenly.
- Multiple bearing surfaces for superior suppressor alignment
- Precision machined from US mill-certified heat-treated stainless steel bar stock
- High-precision single-point cut barrel threads for optimum thread interface
- Inspected for all critical dimensions including concentricity and alignment
- Pilot holes for tuning of muzzle brake and to pin-and-weld on short-barreled rifles
- Black Ionbond DLC coating provides maximum protection against harsh environmental conditions and facilitates cleaning after extreme use
- Serves as rock-solid mounting adapter for SureFire SOCOM Series sound suppressors
- Labyrinth seals prevent carbon buildup on suppressor lock ring indexing system
- Installation requires no permanent modifications for Sako TRG and Steyr SSG-08 rifles
- Fits: 6.8mm rifles with 5/8-24 muzzle threads
- Caliber: 6.8mm (.277 Caliber)
- Length: 2.66"
Note:SureFire SOCOM Series Fast-Attach sound suppressors and current-model muzzle brake/suppress or adapters and flash hider/suppressor adapters are not compatible with previous SureFire Fast-Attach sound suppressors, muzzle brakes, or flash hiders.
Mfg No: SFMB-68-5/8-24
Weight: 0.3 pounds.
Dimensions: 6.25 (L) x 4.25 (W) x 1.5 (H) inches.: