In October 1860, B.T. Henry was granted a patent for the design of a new gun, a repeating rifle that used metallic cartridges. It was the first repeating rifle in history. With it, one man could load 15 cartridges in eight to ten seconds. That was the equivalent of 15 men armed with traditional firearms. It was such an important innovation that the gun was named after its inventor, Henry, and its cartridges bore his initial, H. The barrel has an integrated magazine tube.
This rifle is made by Ubrti to Taylor specification and imported by Taylor.
- Octagonal Tapered Blue Barrel
- Brass Frame/Butt Plate
- Caliber: Caliber .44-40 Winchester
- Barrel Length: 24 1/4", Octagonal, Tapered
- Capacity: 13 Rounds
- Front Sight: Blade
- Rear Sight: Ladder
- Grip/Stock: Walnut
- Length: 43 3/4"
- Weight: 9 lbs
- Finish: Blue Barrel with Forged Brass Frame and Butt Plate