The Ranchland Compact combines all of the best features needed in a compact, all-purpose “truck gun”. The Ranchland Compact is built on the tough and reliable Howa barreled action that features a forged steel, flat bottomed receiver; large recoil lug and hammer forged barrel. On top of that is a forged, one-piece bolt with two locking lugs, an M-16 style extractor and three position safety. All of this mounts in your choice of an OD Green, Coyote Sand or Black Hogue Overmolded® stock.This stock features a non-slip, cobblestone grip for sure handling in all weather conditions, a fiberglass reinforced skeleton for strength and pillar bedding for rock-solid accuracy. This short, 20” lightweight barrel is free-floated and the rifle has proven itself in the field as a real tack driver with MOA, or better, groups at 100 yards.The Howa Ranchland Combo Package (rifle and scope combo) comes with a one-piece scope rail and a COLOR MATCHED, Nikko Stirling 3-10x42 Nighteater™ riflescope and rings. These scopes and rings are anodized to match the color of the stock of the rifle. In addition, the Ranchland comes in a full camo dipped version!This short “truck gun” fits easily behind the seat of a pickup truck, across the front of a quad or tucked into the cab of farm equipment. It can be used in tight or awkward positions with ease, and grabbed in a hurry for that quick shot.
Target quality H.A.C.T. 2-stage trigger breaks crisp with no creep.
The M-1500 action is made in Japan by Howa who also makes many rifle components for several US gun companies. Howa is the only big bore rifle manufacturer in Japan.
- Trigger: H.A.C.T. 2-stage
- Cold hammer forged barrel
- Forged flat-bottom receiver with integral recoil lug
- One-piece forged bolt/handle (can be taken apart for cleaning by hand, no tools needed)
- 3 pressure relief holes in blot main body
- External Sako/m16 style extractor and m16 style internal plunger ejector
- Push-feed design
- 2 locking lugs and bolt handle acts as 3rd safety lug.
- The HACT trigger is set up like a drop-in unit, 2-stage, no external springs or transfer bars
- Trigger is set to 2.5- 3lb
- Serrated trigger shoe
- Three position safety