Few hunting rifles in history have achieved the status of the Browning BAR. And no other autoloaders have even come close. The line covers a wide range of tastes from the original styling of the BAR Safari, to the working rifle look of the Stalker version to the feature packed Short and Long Trac versions with modern aesthetics and handling features.
The Browning BAR has a long standing tradition for achieving bolt action like accuracy in an autoloading rifle. Some of this is accounted for in the extreme level of precision and careful craftsmanship that goes into every rifle. But the design really sets it apart. The gas system combined with a 7-lug rotary bolt give the shooting significant recoil reduction for comfort, while at the same time locking in bolt action-like accuracy.
- Sling swivel studs installed
- Interchangeable recoil pad
- Receiver: Aircraft-grade alloy; Drilled and tapped for scope mounts
- Barrel: Hammer-forged
- Action: Gas-operated autoloader; Multi-lug rotary bolt; Detachable box magazine; Composite trigger guard and floorplate; Crossbolt safety
- Stock: Composite; Dura-Touch® Armor Coating; Mossy Oak® camo finishes; Gripping panels; Shim adjustable for cast on/off and drop at comb
- Caliber: 270 Winchester
- Barrel Length: 22"
- Magazine Capacity: 4
- Overall Length: 42"
- Length of Pull: 13 5/8"
- Drop at Comb: 5/8"
- Drop at Heel: 1 1/8"
- Rate of Twist: 1 turn in 10"
- Wood Finish: Mossy Oak Break-Up Infinity
- Weight: 6 lbs. 15 oz.