The SU-16 is a gas operated, semi-loading rifle chambered in 5.56 mm NATO caliber. It is intended to be the perfect everyman's sport and utility rifle. The rifling is 1 turn in 9 inches, right hand twist. Several unique features make the SU-16 a versatile sporting firearm.
- Chrome lined bore and chamber now standard.
- An integrated Picatinny rail for mounting different sight systems.
- The forend folds down to form a bipod for increased accuracy.
- The stock can store spare magazines.
- The stock and trigger mechanism can be folded forward for added safety and to facilitate secure storage or carry under extreme conditions.
- Caliber: .223 Remington/5.56 NATO
- Weight Unloaded: 5.0 lbs
- Length Open: 37.4"
- Length Closed: 26.4"
- Barrel Length: 18.5"
- Magazine Capacity: 10 Rounds
- Barrel Diameter: 3/4" to 5/8"
- Twist: 1:9"
- Bolt Travel: 4.1"
- Trigger Pull: 5 lbs to 7 lbs
- Barrel Weight: 26.1 oz