Pedersoli 86/71 Lever Action Premium Rifle, 45-70 Md: V.740-457
Introducing important technical variations to the previous Model 1886 designed by John M. and Matthew S. Browning, the Lever Action 86/71 is identified as the first rifle chambered for a specific cartridge (.348 WCF) as well as for being the last "big frame" lever action rifle produced by Winchester. Advertised as The Universal Big Game Rifle, the Model 71 was welcomed with enthusiasm by big game hunters.
Our company is particularly proud to produce this famous rifle of the first half of the twentieth century, chambered for a well known historical cartridge, the .45-70, which is readily available today. The Lever Action 86/71 rifle is drilled and tapped to be equipped with a side frame mount Creedmoor sight and with the Pedersoli Bolt Creedmoor sight. The broach rifled barrel and the magazine are blue finished, the stock, with chequered pistol grip and forend are of walnut.
The frame is forged and CNC machined, with a blue finish.
- Special PMG barrel
- 5 round magazine
- Solid steel locking lugs in a fast strong lever action
- Ultra light Microcell memory buttplate 23mm (.511”) thick
- Pistol grip with metal cap
- Rear sight with elevation and windage adjustments
- Tunnel front sight with brass insert
- Drilled and tapped for a Creedmoor sight
- Optional integral rear sight base to mount modern sights
- Caliber: 45-70
- Grooves: 6
- Twist: 460 mm
- Barrel Length: 24 inches
- Overall Length: 42 - 9/16 inches
- Weight: 8.15 lbs
Manufacturer Number: V.740-457