Key tools that can be vital in an emergency
The Funxion EMT offers a selection of key functions that can make all the difference in an emergency situation.
Thanks to SpeedSafe assisted opening, the blade is open and ready to help instantly. A quick pull back on the ambidextrous flipper or push on the thumbstud and the blade is ready for use, right now. The big, drop-point blade is ideal for taking on a wide variety of everyday and not-so-everyday cutting tasks. The 8Cr13MoV blade steel offers excellent wear resistance, toughness, and edge retention. A locking liner secures the main blade and tool. The partially serrated blade can cut through webbing to free trapped accident victims. The cord cutter makes quick work of nylon cording. There's a hex bolt wrench and a screwdriver tip built into the cord cutter arm. A carbide glassbreaker tip can help get you out of a tough situation.
The Funxion EMT's anodized aluminum handle is attractive, lightweight, and sturdy. A non-slip handle insert enhances a secure grip. The Funxion EMT comes with Kershaw’s deep-carry clip for secure pocket carry—or clip it just about anywhere with the built-in carabiner.
- Multifunction: Has multiple blades or tools, enabling it to perform multiple functions.
- 2-Step Serration: Serrations assist in cutting through particularly tough or fibrous material, such as rope or cord. The Kershaw 2-step serration is a more aggressive style of serration.
- Flipper: May be used on either manual or assisted opening knives. The “flipper” is a protrusion on the back of the blade that the user can pull back on, or flip, in order to move the blade easily out of the handle.
- SpeedSafe®: Assists you to open any SpeedSafe® knife quickly and easily with a manual push on the thumbstud or pull back on the flipper; built into many Kershaw best sellers.
- Liner Lock: Locks the blade open during use; one side of the knife’s steel “liner,” the steel plate to which the handle scales are attached, moves into position behind the blade to securely lock it open.
- Single Position: The pocketclip is in a fixed position on the knife handle; usually it is positioned for tip-down, right-handed carry, though this may vary.
- SpeedSafe® assisted opening
- Liner lock
- Thumbstud and flipper
- Single-position pocketclip; deep-carry
- Carabiner clip
- Steel: 8CR13MOV, black oxide coating
- Handle: Aluminum, rubber insert
- Blade length: 3 (7.62 cm)
- Closed length: 4 1/4 in. (10.7 cm)
- Overall Length: 7 1/4 in. (18.4 cm)
- Weight: 5 oz.
EMT, Black Blade, Serrated, Clam Pack