Real-world reliability is the most important feature any manufacturer can build into a firearm. That’s why it was the first priority when we set about developing the Browning Maxus. The Power Drive Gas System is designed to perform under harsh hunting and shooting conditions with a wide array of loads. But reliability isn’t the whole story. The Maxus delivers 18% less felt recoil for greater comfort, 44% less muzzle jump for more accurate follow-up shots, 19% faster bolt speed and 24% faster locktime than the nearest competitor. Unequalled reliability and features, all found in the finest, most reliable gas-operated autoloader ever to swing on a bird.
- Receiver: Strong, lightweight aluminum alloy
- Barrel: Lightweight profile; Flat, ventilated rib
- Action: Gas operated autoloader; 3" chamber model; Power Drive Gas System reduces recoil and cycles a wide range of loads
- Stock: Composite with close radius pistol grip; Speed Lock Forearm; Textured gripping surfaces; Shim adjustable for length of pull, cast and drop; Mossy Oak® Shadow Grass Blades camo finish; Dura-Touch® Armor Coating
- Vector Pro lengthened forcing cone; Three Invector-Plus choke tubes; Inflex Technology recoil pad; Magazine Cut-Off; Brass front bead sight; One ¼" stock spacer
- Gauge: 12
- Chamber Size: 3"
- Magazine Capacity: 4
- Barrel Length: 28"
- Overall Length: 49 1/4"
- Length of Pull: 14 1/4"
- Drop at Comb: 1 3/4"
- Drop at Heel: 2"
- Weight 7 lbs. 2 oz.
- Chokes Included: Full, Improved Cylinder, Modified
- Rib Width: 1/4"
- Metal Finish: Mossy Oak Shadow Blades
- Wood Finish: Mossy Oak Shadow Blades
- Stock/Grip: Composite stock with close radius pistol grip