Colt AR6720 Lightweight Law Enforcement Carbine
- Unique direct gas operating system eliminates the conventional operating rod and results in fewer and lighter components
- Accommodates the full range of 5.56mm ammunition, including the NATO M855/SS109 and U.S. M193, utilizing a rifling twist of 1 turn in 7"
- Straight-line construction disperses recoil straight back to the shoulder, increasing handling capabilities, especially during repeated fire
- 4-position sliding buttstock allows the weapon to adapt to users of different sizes and physical characteristics as well as various firing positions and clothing variations
- Cartridge case deflector allows easy operation in both right and left handed shooting positions for increased tactical applications
- Muzzle compensator further reduces muzzle climb and helps eliminate flash and dust signatures
- Ejection port cover protects the chamber from dust and mud
- Field strips easily without special tools for simple field user maintenance
- Flat top receiver allows for removable carrying handle and easy mounting of accessories
- Front barrel lug allows for easy mounting of a variety of accessories
- Target style rear sight features dual apertures (0-200m, 300-600m) and adjusts for both windage and elevation
- High strength materials add durability to the forearm, buttstock and pistol grip for greater comfort and effectiveness
- Caliber: .223 Remington/5.56mm
- Barrel Length: 16" PENCIL
- Method of Operation: Gas; Direct system; Locking bolt
- Sight Radius: 14.5"
- Effective Range: 600m
- Front Sight: Adjustable
- Rear Sight: MATECH or optional target sight adjustable for windage and elevation
- Handguards: Standard carbine with heat shield
- Stock Length: (Retracted): 32"
- Stock Length: (Extended): 35"
- Weight without Magazine: 6.12 lbs