An old school, timeless design re-engineered, this unique tool features a tough, high carbon steel cutting blade bearing a convex radius cutting blade whose design penetrates the thickest brush, saplings and debris with ease. The special concave shaped bill hook design at the front end of the tool captures stubborn vines and undergrowth in the “hook” for quick cutting and slicing. We’ve added a safety “tail” to the rear bottom of the blade which serves to retain cut materials in front of the handle and away from the user. The handle is made of sturdy 18 ½ inch American Hickory wood, fire finished and hand lacquered for a beautiful highly figured grain finish. A handy lanyard hole is drilled into the handle’s end for convenient hanging storage The length of the handle (18 ½”) and cutting head (8”), creates A forward balanced tool for maximum chopping power and momentum force, not found in conventional axes. This tool is capable of the most heavy duty work.
- The steel fastener sleeve is heavy gauge 2 ¾” x 1” steel and is custom welded by hand for a secure fit.
- The handle is secured to the cutting head via 2 heavy duty ¼” x 1 ½” steel bolts, four flat washers, 2 lock washers and 2 nuts.
- Overall lengths: 26 ½” with long handle
- Blade length: 8”
- Handle length: 18 ½”
- Blade thickness: 1/8”
- Weight: 29 oz
- Heat treated to Rockwell C47; 1075 High Carbon Steel with Black Powder Coating
- Comes with black nylon sheath