Bantam (Youth) Model
For Young or Smaller Framed Shooters
Unlike other "youth" models, which simply consist of a shortened stock, the Bantam feature a specially shortened and contoured buttstock, providing more of a "custom" fit for young or smaller-framed shooters. In addition, the forend is positioned closer to the shooter for easier operation. Each comes with a single shot magazine plug for safe training of beginners. As part of Mossberg's continuing youth program, each Bantam model also comes with a half-price certificate for a full-sized buttstock and/or forend when young shooters outgrow their Bantam dimensions.
More Standard Features, Unlimited Versatility:
- Shares many of the same stringent Mil-Spec standards of the renowned 590A1.
- 3" chamber
- Ambidextrous safety
- Quiet Carry dual action bars
- Factory-ported barrel
- 3" chamber handles all 2 1/2" and 3" shells
- Blued barrel
- Ambidextrous and visually convenient tang safety location
- Wide vent rib with white front and brass mid-bead sights
- 6-shot (field model) capacity - one less with 3" shells
- Full, fixed choke
- Positive steel-to-steel lock-up
- Synthetic stock - compatible with accessory Stock Drop Spacer System
- Strong dual action bars
- Anti-jam elevator
- Rubber recoil pad
- Includes a Cablelock and a Ten Year limited Warranty
- Overall Length: 40 3/4"
- Weight: 6 lbs
- Length Of Pull: 13"
- Vent rib width: 3/8"
- Receiver scope base holes: 8-40 thd
- Drop at comb: approx. 1 3/8"
- Drop at heel: 2 1/8"
- Standard 6-shot limiting plug: 1/4" x 9" wood dowel
The Mossberg 500 Bantam pump action shotgun is the preferred choice of youngsters and smaller stature adults - from beginner to seasoned outdoorsmen alike.
The E-Z Reach Forend helps shorter arms better control the cycling motion, and combined with the bantam-length 22" barrel, they provide a more balanced and controlled shooting position.
* The ambidextrous, easy-to-see and operate "top mounted" safety is a highly valued and recognized Mossberg feature.
* A free Cablelock is included to help assist with your firearm safety measures.
* Each Bantam model includes a "half-price" certificate enabling the user to purchase a standard size buttstock and/or forend assembly, factory direct, at half the advertised suggested retail price. It is well appreciated by young shooters who outgrow their Bantam dimensions, and a convenience for budget-minded families with various sized users, and best of all, the certificate has no expiration date.
Bantam Field, 410 Gauge, 24" Barrel, Blued, Synthetic Stock, Full, Fixed Sights