Ready to win on any range with lighter contour, ported barrels and ventilated side ribs. Silver nitride receiver with XS Special engraving and a straight adjustable comb. Semi-beavertail forearm with deep finger grooves for better control. There is a tapered, floating rib and a right-hand palm swell. This gun has a triple trigger system and a HiViz Pro-Comp sight with mid bead. It also has an Invector-Plus choke system with five Midas Grade chokes.
- Gauge: 12
- Finish: Satin
- Barrel Length: 32"
- Chokes: Modified, Improved Modified, Improved Cylinder, Cylinder and Skeet
- Chamber: 2 3/4"
- Avg. Weight: 8 lbs. 12 oz.
- Overall Length: 49"
- Drop at Comb: 1 7/8" Adjustable
- Drop at Heel: 1 7/8" Adjustable
- Length of Pull: 14 3/8"
- Rib Width: 5/16"-7/16" Tapered
- Automatic Ejectors - A strong spring-loaded hammer blow, fires the Browning ejectors. The sharp hammer strike gives you more forceful ejection than the push imparted on competitor's ejectors.
The automatic ejectors eject fired shells when the breech is opened. Unfired shells are elevated for easy removal.
- Barrels-The Citori XS Special features back-bored barrels and the Midas choke tube system.
- Chrome Chambers-All Citori shotguns feature chrome-plated chambers for corrosion resistance.
- Locking Bolt and Hinge Pin-The Citori is the only over and under available to feature a transverse-mounted, full-width tapered locking bolt. The tapered locking bolt engages a full-width tapered recess in the rear barrel lugs. The taper allows the bolt to seat deeper over years of wear. It's the reason people say a Browning wears in, not out.
Additionally, the full-width locking bolt and massive lugs ensure true barrel alignment and resist barrel torque, the natural tendency for the action to open during the shot.
On the Citori, a full-width hinge pin extends from one side of the receiver to the other for maximum strength.
- Safety-Manual thumb safety, combined with barrel selector mechanism.
- Safety Lock-All Browning firearms are shipped with a free trigger lock, cable lock, padlock, or chamber lock to assist you in the safe storage of your firearm.
- Trigger - The hammers are powered by a strong coil-type mainspring, which gives certain primer ignition. With the barrel selector, you can choose which barrel fires on the first pull of the single trigger. The second pull fires the remaining barrel.
- Back-Bored Barrels-All 12 gauge Citori shotguns feature back-bored barrels. Back-boring is the term for a barrel that has a bore diameter increased to it's maximum specification. A larger bore diameter reduces the friction of the shot charge against the barrel wall. Instead of trying to overcome friction, powder gases expend more energy on the wad base, resulting in an increase in shot velocity. Because there is less constriction or pressure from the forcing cones on a shot charge, there are fewer deformed shot pellets. A greater number of ballistically superior round pellets in a shot charge means more uniform patterns-delivering more shot pellets in the effective part of the pattern.
- Back-boring works hand-in-hand with Browning's Invector-Plus interchangeable choke tube system. The longer parallel surface inside an Invector-Plus choke tube combined with its larger inside diameter produces patterns with more uniform densities.
- Fit and Finish- The Citori has uncommon quality in craftsmanship and function. All critical components of the Citori are machined for exacting precision. Components are then heat treated before being hand-fitted to the action using the traditional lamp-black and file method. All metal-to-metal and wood-to-metal fits are tight and precise.
32" Barrel, 12 Gauge/2.75" Chamber